Bale’s Departure from Madrid Hit Rock Again

nhlnlkaw

first_imgThe coming together will not be instigated by Bale whose agent Jonathan Barnett has repeated the player’s intention to honour the two years remaining on his contract.According to Marca, Real Madrid will seek clarification from Bale over his commitment to the club.The player opted not to travel to the Champions League last-16 second leg against Manchester City.Madrid’s urgency to get rid of Bale has diminished somewhat with the departure of James Rodríguez to Everton.Bale was given just 100 minutes of action in the club’s final 11 games as they held on to win their first La Liga title since 2017.He was on the verge of a move to the Chinese Super League with Jiangsu Suning ahead of last season, only for the deal to collapse late on after Florentino Perez stepped in.Bale is now on international duty with Wales and national team boss Ryan Giggs said he would speak to the winger about his situation in Spain given his peripheral role under Zinedine Zidane.‘I haven’t spoken to Zidane,’ Giggs revealed. ‘My French and Spanish isn’t too good. That’s my way out of that one.‘I know Zidane’s English isn’t very good from experience. I’m just monitoring the situation. When Gareth gets on camp I will speak to him like I always do.‘I’ve always said to him if he wants to speak then I’ll listen and be more than happy to help him. He’s experienced and professional enough to look after himself. But I’m there if he ever needs to speak.’Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Gareth Bale’s departure from Real Madrid is likely to be frustrated by the club’s reluctance to pay off the remaining two years of his salary.Bale’s €17million (£15.1m) salary over his remaining two years would mean Madrid would have to negotiate a possible €34m (£30.2m) pay-off which they are not in a position to do.Marca suggested a meeting between Bale’s representatives Stellar Group has already been set up but Sportsmail understands there is still no imminent meeting planned. Gareth Balelast_img read more

Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI on CSK plea

dvpofysu

first_imgMadras High Court today issued notice to BCCI on a petition by Chennai Super Kings challenging the order of Justice Lodha Committee suspending it from the Indian Premier League over the 2013 betting scam involving its top official Gurunath Meiyappan.A division bench, comprising Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice T S Sivagnanam, also allowed Cricket Association of Bihar, on whose plea the Supreme Court had directed probe in IPL-6 betting and spot fixing scandal, to implead in the case.The court adjourned the hearing to next Thursday.Also read: CSK move court against Lodha committee verdict In its petition, city-based Indian Cements Ltd, owner of Chennai Super Kings (CSK), also sought a stay on the committee’s last month order.It contended that the committee’s order was against fundamental principles of natural justice and a fair hearing.Dhoni-led CSK and Rajasthan Royals were on July 14 suspended for two years from the League following the 2013 betting scam involving their top officials Meiyappan and Raj Kundra.Also read: Save CSK campaign, Fans show support by signing petition  Son-in-law of the then BCCI chief N Srinivasan, Meiyappan, a former Team Principal of CSK, and Kundra, co-owner of Jaipur IPL that runs Rajasthan Royals (RR), were suspended for life from any matches conducted by BCCI.The punishments were handed down by a three-member panel headed by former CJI R M Lodha which was asked by the Supreme Court to decide the quantum of punishments after finding them guilty of betting.India Cements, in its petition, had contended that imposing punishment on the franchise (CSK) without going into the charges or the offence committed was against the principles of natural justice and a fair hearing.advertisementIt said refusal of Justice Lodha committee to enter into the dispute of whether India Cements was guilty of violating clause 4.1.1.of IPL operation rules had led to “grave miscarriage of justice”.While referring to the Supreme Court order in January last, the petition said “Gurunath Meiyappan had been (found) guilty of betting but not spot fixing, match fixing or misuse of inside information…Meiyappaan never had shares in India Cements nor was he is in the management of the company.”The judges adjourned the case for further hearing to August 27.last_img read more