ROME (AP) — The office of Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte says the leader will tell his wobbly government he intends to offer his resignation. Conte survived two confidence votes in Parliament last week but crucially lost his absolute majority in the Senate with the defection of a centrist ally. The premier’s office said Monday night that Conte will inform his Cabinet at a meeting Tuesday morning of his “will to go to the Quirinale (presidential palace) to hand in his resignation.” Then Conte will head to the palace to meet with President Sergio Mattarella, who can accept the resignation, possibly asking the premier to try to form a more solid coalition.
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Renewables Now:New York governor Andrew M Cuomo on Thursday unveiled a roadmap with a set of recommendations aimed at facilitating the state in reaching its goal of deploying 1,500 MW of energy storage by 2025.The comprehensive plan is part of the measures addressed towards fighting climate change, improving power grid resilience and enhancing the benefits of renewables generation to meet peak demand for electricity. “This roadmap is the next step to not only grow our clean energy economy and create jobs, but to improve the resiliency of the grid to keep our power running in the face of extreme weather and other emergency situations,” Governor Cuomo said.The short-term recommendations include the provision of $350 million in incentives to speed up deployment of advanced storage systems, as well as additional funding storage capacity linked to solar projects developed under the NY-Sun initiative. The proposed measures also include regulatory changes to utility rates, solicitations and carbon values, facilitating the project permitting and siting process so as to cut indirect and soft costs, and modifications to wholesale market rules.The plan was developed by the Department of Public Service and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).Separately, the NY Green Bank has committed to provide at least $200 million for storage-related investments. The state-sponsored investment fund is also expected to launch a request for proposals later this year for projects incorporating solar and energy storage technologies. At present, New York has around 60 MW of advanced energy storage capacity and an additional 500 MW in the pipeline. The state also owns 1,400 MW of traditional pumped hydro storage capacity.More: New York issues roadmap to achieve 1.5 GW energy storage goal New York offers $350 million to speed energy storage installations
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr A divided NCUA board on Thursday approved a final rule that increases the appraisal threshold for commercial real estate-related transactions from $250,000 to $1 million.For the second month in a row, board member Todd Harper voted against a major rule, while Chairman Rodney Hood and board member J. Mark McWatters voted for it.Last month the board divided the same way in approving a proposal to seek comment on a possible delay to the agency’s Risk-Based Capital rule.Harper said the magnitude of the appraisal increase was too large, noting that banking agencies increased their threshold from $250,000 to $500,000.“We’re not just running before we walk, we’re leapfrogging over the other banking regulators,” he said. NCUA headquarters continue reading »
FLORIDA: UFC has withdrawn about from Saturday’s card in Jacksonville after middleweight Jacare Souza and two of his cornermen tested positive for the coronavirus, the mixed martial arts promotion said.Brazilian-born Souza was supposed to fight American Uriah Hall at UFC 249, which was originally scheduled for April 18 in New York but postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak. “UFC’s medical team examined Souza and his two cornermen and found them to be currently asymptomatic, or not exhibiting the common symptoms of COVID-19,” UFC said in a statement. “All three men have left the host hotel and will be self-isolating off premises, where UFC’s medical team will monitor their conditions remotely and will provide assistance with any necessary treatment.” AgenciesAlso Read: None more unbeatable than Novak Djokovic at his best: Todd Martin
New Delhi: India’s 4x400m mixed relay team can reach the final of the Doha World Championships despite the absence of top quarter-miler Hima Das, deputy chief coach Radhakrishnan Nair said on Thursday. World junior champion Hima was on Wednesday ruled out of the showpiece event beginning on September 27 due to her persistent back injury in a setback to the Indian team which was putting a lot of hope in the newly introduced mixed 4x400m relay event. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju”Not much difference (with the ruling out of Hima). We have to stay positive and still believe that we can reach the finals in mixed 4x400m relay,” Nair said. The top eight finishers in the relay events of the World Championships will automatically qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. India qualified in the World Championships as the 14th ranked team in the mixed 4x400m relay based on its Asian Games gold winning time of 3:15.71. Bahrain team was the original winner but it was stripped of the top spot as one its runners was caught for doping. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersMuhammed Anas, Arokia Rajiv, M R Poovamma and Hima Das ran that race in Jakarta. In Doha, however, neither Hima will be there nor Rajiv, who is also laid low with an injury. Jisna Mathew, Poovamma and VK Vismaya were named along with Jacob Amoj, Anas and Noah Tom Nirmal for the 4x400m mixed relay. Meanwhile in another development, Anas will not run in the individual 400m race as the Athletics Federation of India did not enter his name for the event despite crossing the qualifying mark. He has been entered only for the men’s 4x400m relay and mixed 4x400m relay. The world athletics governing body IAAF on Thursday released the provisional entry list of the athletes, country-wise as well as event-wise, and Anas’ name was there only in the men’s 4x400m and mixed 4x400m relay, and not in the individual 400m race. “We have not entered Anas for individual 400m as we thought he can help the country better in the men’s 4x400m relay and mixed 4x400m relay. We have good chance to do well in the relays, especially in the mixed 4x400m relay,” an AFI source told PTI on the condition of anonymity. Anas, however, said that he did not know that he will not be running in the individual 400m race. “I did not know about that (not running individual 400m). I will have to check with AFI or coaches,” Anas said from his training base in Europe. Anas had crossed the World Championships qualifying mark of 45.30 at the Kladno international meet in the Czech Republic on July 13 by clocking 45.21, while also bettering his own earlier national record (45.24) in the process.
Houston: President Donald Trump has praised the contributions of the influential and thriving Indian-American community in the country, saying he was “truly proud” to have them as Americans. President Trump lauded the role of the Indian diaspora in the US at the historic “Howdy, Modi!” event in Houston, Texas, as he addressed a record crowd of over 50,000 Indian-Americans who gathered at the NRG Stadium to welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: Report “Prime Minister Modi and I have come to Houston to celebrate everything that unites America and India — our shared dreams and bright futures,” he said on Sunday. Trump said he was attending the event to express his profound gratitude to the nearly 4 million amazing Indian Americans all across the country, who are “thriving, prospering, flourishing and hardworking.” “You enrich our culture. You uphold our values. You uplift our communities. You are truly proud to be Americans and we are proud to have you as Americans. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protests Trump, calling the gathering a “profoundly historic event,” was greeted with a standing ovation by the crowd. “You (India) have never had a better friend as President as President Donald Trump,” Trump declared as he was loudly cheered. “We thank you, we love you, and I want you to know that my administration is fighting for you each and everyday,” the president, who is eyeing a second term at the White House in 2020, said. It is estimated that there are about 500,000 Indians in the jurisdiction of the Consulate General of India in Houston. The two largest concentrations are in Houston and Dallas and their suburbs which have approximately 150,000 Indians each. Trump pointed out that over the last two years, the unemployment rate among Indian-Americans dropped by nearly 33 1/3rd per cent. The president acknowledged that the Indian-American community was helping to strengthen the country. “Indian Americans are pioneering, groundbreaking medicines save countless lives. They are developing revolutionary technology that is changing the world and they are founding new businesses that provide jobs to thousands to our fellow citizens. Trump said along with Prime Minister Modi, he was looking forward to working with the Indian-American community to make the two countries even more prosperous than ever before. He noted that Indian companies employed tens of thousands of Americans across a range of industries in the US. Trump said his administration believes that it was “our first duty is ‘we must always be there for the American people’ whether it is African Americans, Hispanic-Americans or Indian-Americans. “We are going to take care of our citizens first, we are going to care of our Indian-Americans before we take care of illegal immigrants who want to pour into our country,” the president said. “America has always been a nation of pioneers and patriots, risk-takers and free thinkers and dedicated workers who have honed their trade, mastered their field, and teach their children to always give their very, very best. “Everyday, Indian-Americans help write this story of American greatness and everyone here today has a crucial part to play in building an even grander and greater American and Indian future. Houston is one of the most ethnically diverse cites in the US and according to media reports, oil-rich Texas is a must-win state for President Trump in the elections next year. On his part, Prime Minister Modi too gave tacit support for Trump’s 2020 re-election bid, saying ‘Abki Baar, Trump Sarkar”. “We in India have connected well with President Trump. The words of candidate Trump – Abki Baar Trump Sarkar rang loud and clear and his celebration in the White House lit up millions of faces with joy and appreciation,” Modi said. Modi’s pitch could help Trump in winning votes of the nearly four million Indian-Americans who have traditionally voted for the Democratic Party. “You can feel the strength and depth of human bonds between our two great nations. People are at the heart of all relationships from Houston to Hyderabad, from Boston to Bengaluru, from Chicago to Shimla, from Los Angeles to Ludhiana, from New Jersey to New Delhi,” Modi said. He noted that hundreds of millions were glued to their TV even across the world and they were witnessing history in the making. “Mr. President, you had introduced me to your family in 2017 and today I have the honour to introduce you to my family, over a billion Indians and people of Indian heritage around the globe,” the prime minister said as he introduced the US President at the “Howdy, Modi!” event. Soon after the gala event, an impressed Trump tweeted to say, “The USA loves India!” He described as “incredible” the electric atmosphere at the NRG arena in Houston.