10 months agoRoma defender Manolas back on Man Utd radar

ronplzeq

first_imgRoma defender Manolas back on Man Utd radarby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveAS Roma defender Kostas Manolas is back on the radar of Manchester United.TMW says United had Manolas scouted against Juventus.The Greek defender can leave Rome in June and has €36 million release fee.And United representatives were extremely impressed by his performance.The defender has just switched agents – joining Mino Raiola who is famously Paul Pogba’s rep. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Video: Watch The Scoreboard At OU’s Memorial Stadium Come Crashing Down

jtkfdrga

first_imgScoreboard at memorial Stadium as the sun goes down.scoreboard at memorial stadium comes downDon’t worry, Oklahoma fans. What you’ll see in the below video was planned.Thursday night, Oklahoma purposely knocked down the skeleton of its scoreboard at Memorial Stadium, making way for a new video board that will span 8,750 feet. According to Tulsa World, the panels that accompanied the skeleton were removed and will be sold off.The new board will be up before the 2016 season.It’s gonna be Sweet #Brackets #OUDNA #BGB #SoonerMagic #Big12Champs pic.twitter.com/TUvnWf2h6E— Coach Drew Hill (@OU_CoachHill) December 3, 2015Video of the board coming down pic.twitter.com/0JP9oMRMmc— Siandhara Bonnet (@SiandharaB) December 3, 2015Despite the construction, Oklahoma’s 2015 campaign isn’t over. The Sooners are likely headed to the College Football Playoff.last_img read more

State Minister Azan Pleased with Pace of Road Works in Westmoreland

mgxagtxu

first_img By Glenis A. Rose, JIS Reporter Minister of State in the Ministry of Transport, Works and Housing, Hon. Richard Azan, has expressed satisfaction with the pace and quality of road works being undertaken across sections of Westmoreland at a cost of over $1.5 billion. “So far, we are satisfied that the majority of the projects being carried out will be completed within time, as we are hoping to wrap up all these projects by the end of June,” he said. Mr. Azan was speaking to JIS News on Thursday, March 21, after a tour of road rehabilitation and upgrading projects in the eastern and central parts of the parish. The works are being undertaken under the Jamaica Emergency Employment Programme (JEEP), the Jamaica Development Infrastructure Programme (JDIP), as other initiatives. Among the areas visited were Ashton, Berkshire, Cedar Grove, Whitehouse, Belmont, Cave, Stony Bridge and Ferris. Mr. Azan, who was accompanied by representatives from his Ministry and the National Works Agency, assessed the status of the works and got a first-hand look at the condition of other roadways. He expressed pleasure that community members are being included in the general workforce. Member of Parliament for Eastern Westmoreland, and State Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister, Hon. Luther Buchanan, also expressed pleasure. He pointed out that the improvement works will enhance the economic prospects of the entire parish as well as that of the country.last_img read more

Support for Victims of Crime in St. Ann

vagwindm

first_img Services include preparing clients for court, and helping them deal with the emotional trauma caused by crime through mediation and counselling. Story Highlights The Ministry of Justice’s St. Ann Victim Services Division (VSD) is playing a key role in providing healing and support for victims of crime in the parish, particularly children.Acting Manager, Bernita Black, told JIS News that the office assists up to 60 persons on a monthly basis.Services include preparing clients for court, and helping them deal with the emotional trauma caused by crime through mediation and counselling.“We also do crisis intervention where we provide on-the-scene response or home visits,” Ms. Black said.“We have a violence-prevention initiative where we sensitise parents and children [about] how they can reduce their chances of becoming victims of crime and where they can access services,” she added.She said that the services are provided by two full-time counsellors and a team of volunteers.Ms. Black told JIS News that victims are referred to the office through the police, courts, Centre for the Investigation of Sexual Offences and Child Abuse (CISOCA), school guidance counsellors, or health centres.“Persons also walk into our office,” she noted.She told JIS News that special focus in placed on children who are victims of crime.“We have the Children in Court Programme where we provide emotional support to children who have to attend court. We do court orientation and we provide the support that they would need in order to be comfortable in the justice system,” she informed. Acting Manager, Bernita Black, told JIS News that the office assists up to 60 persons on a monthly basis. The Ministry of Justice’s St. Ann Victim Services Division (VSD) is playing a key role in providing healing and support for victims of crime in the parish, particularly children. last_img read more

Mumbai Actor Sonal Chauhan says web world and fil

jklhvrtn

first_imgMumbai: Actor Sonal Chauhan says web world and films are going through a transition period which is really good. She sees this as an opportunity for actors as they have a lot more to do now. After making her Bollywood debut in 2008 with Jannat, she went on to act in Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and more Hindi films. Like most Bollywood actors, she also entered the digital space this year. “I won’t say that the content is better on the web than Hindi films because there are some very amazing films that are being made. Now it is a very good time in the industry where there are fabulous shows being made for the web. I am happy that this is happening,” Sonal said. Also Read – ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ has James Cameron’s fingerprints all over it: Arnold Schwarzenegger”It goes the same for films because we have some great movies being made.” According to her, a large credit goes to the audience as they have become “very intelligent and are accepting good content”. “It doesn’t really matter if it has big stars or not, what matters is that the audience wants to see great content. Both web and films are going through a transition period, which is really good, even for actors there’s a lot more to do now. It’s a good time,” said the “Paltan” actor. Also Read – Salman pays tribute to Vinod Khanna on ‘Dabangg 3’ wrap upAs for her first digital project, Skyfire, she said: “The reason why I chose to be a part of ‘Skyfire’ was because in that, throughout the show, I was with the boys. We were a team trying to crack something. We were doing it together and I loved that. Actores are mostly offered roles that are just about looking pretty. Whether it’s a movie or a show, when it gets too serious, they get a little bit of romance to make the audience feel lighter.” “But, I was one of the boys out there, helping them. I felt that the role was very strong and required a lot more from me than just looking pretty.”last_img read more

Jammu A court in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday adj

reqtqoas

first_imgJammu: A court in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday adjourned hearing in the case of killing of four IAF personnel in 1990 after Tihair Jail authorities expressed their inability to present main accused JKLF chief Yasin Malik in court due to security reasons. They posted the matter for October 23. Malik would now be presented before the court only on video-conferencing and through it his examination would also be conducted. A special Terrorist and Disruptive Activity (TADA) court adjourned the hearing and gave the next date of hearing on October 23, lawyers said. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: Report Malik was to present before the court on Tuesday but the jail authorities expressed their inability to present him in court due to security reasons, they said. Malik who heads the banned Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) is accused of being involved in the killing of the Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel in Kashmir. On January 25, 1990, four IAF employees including Squadron Leader Ravi Khanna were killed by JKLF terrorists. Malik was chargesheeted by the CBI before the TADA court in Jammu on August 31, 1990, in the case. Malik has been arrested in a terror funding case by the National Investigative Agency (NIA) and is currently lodged in Tihar Jail.last_img read more

Kolkata A total of 34 functional teams have been

niwgfmlp

first_imgKolkata: A total of 34 functional teams have been formed to smoothen the process of merger of United Bank of India (UBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), a senior official said. The merger is scheduled to come into force from April 1 next year. “Thirty four functional teams have been created to come out with solutions for the process of integration,” a UBI official told PTI. A team comprises two members each from the three banks from different functional areas, he said. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: Icra “The functional teams will also try standardising the loan process, credit terms and benefits extended to the customers in the interim period till the merger comes into effect to avoid customer-related issues in the future,” the official said. The UBI had conducted customer meets at Kolkata, Guwahati and Patna to allay their apprehensions about the future of banking, the official said. UBI managing director and CEO A K Pradhan had earlier said that though the balance sheet merger is likely to happen by April 1 next year, it will take another three to six months after that for the HR and IT integration to be completed. Also Read – Ashok Leyland stock tanks over 5 pc as co plans to suspend production for up to 15 days He had said the complete harmonisation among the three entities would take another 12 to 14 months after the merger. Senior officials of the three banks had held a meeting recently. The merger will make the new entity the second-largest bank in the country after the State Bank of India (SBI) with a total business volume of Rs 18 lakh crore. This comes after the Centre’s announcement to consolidate 10 public sector banks into four. Allahabad Bank will be merged with Indian Bank while the Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will be amalgamated. Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank will also be merged. Last year, the Centre had approved the merger of Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank with Bank of Baroda that came into effect from April 1 this year. In 2017, the State Bank of India had absorbed five of its associate banks and the Bharatiya Mahila Bank.last_img read more

Patna At least 42 people have died in rainrelate

nhlnlkaw

first_imgPatna: At least 42 people have died in rain-related incidents in Bihar following a torrential spell that took place between September 27 and 30, authorities said.The state continued to trudge towards normalcy on Wednesday with intensified rescue and relief operations and water being pumped out of submerged localities. With a let up in the showers since Monday, restoration work was on in full swing. Supervising rescue and rehabilitation work in Patna on late Tuesday night, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar urged people to “have patience”. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadAccording to a release issued by the state disaster management department, 42 casualties have been reported so far from the districts affected by the heavy rainfall, though a district-wise break-up was not yet available. The release put the total number of people affected by the devastating spell at 17.09 lakh. The districts hit by the disaster were Patna, Bhojpur, Bhagalpur, Khagaria, Samastipur, Begusarai, Lakhisarai and Vaishali situated on either side of the Ganga besides Arwal, Nawada and Nalanda in the Magadh region and Darbhanga and Katihar in Mithila. Also Read – Firms staying closed 10 days a month due to recession, govt doing nothing: Priyanka GandhiThe state capital, which has been among the worst- affected, was pounded by 342.5 mm of rainfall during the period as against the state average of 255 mm, the release said. With restoration work being undertaken on a war-footing, all the sump houses were working at “full capacity” while three heavy-duty pumps have been brought in from Bilaspur to speedily flush out water from inundated areas of the city. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar waded through water-logged streets, with his pyjamas folded up to knees, supervising rescue and rehabilitation work. “All possible efforts are being made. People are urged to have patience….”last_img read more

Bengaluru Skipper Manish Pandey and opener K L Ra

wseypavp

first_imgBengaluru: Skipper Manish Pandey and opener K L Rahul shone with the bat as Karnataka defeated Chhattisgarh by 79 runs in their Elite Group A match of the Vijay Hazare trophy here on Wednesday. Put into bat first at M Chinnaswamy stadium, Karnataka rode on Rahul’s 81 runs and an unbeaten 142 by Pandey. It was a Rahul and Pandey show all the way, as the duo hammered the Chhattisgarh bowlers. Karnataka posted a decent 285/7 in their 50 overs, and managed to bundle out the opposition for 206 in 44 overs. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuKarnataka lost opener Devdutt Padikkal (8) and Karun Nair (1) quickly. But Rahul and Pandey had other plans, as they conjured up a solid 150-run stand for the third wicket. Rahul, who was dropped from the Indian Test team against South Africa, made a statement of sorts to the national selectors. He hit six fours and a lone six in his patient 103- ball knock, as he played second fiddle to Pandey. For Chhattisgarh, pacer Pankaj Rao (2-60) and Shashank Singh (2-66) took two wickets each. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersPandey blasted a quick-fire 142 off just 118 balls, which included five fours and seven sixes. While wickets kept falling at the other end, Pandey kept playing his shots and it was because of his incredible knock that Karnataka crossed the 280-run mark. Karnataka pacers M Prasidh Krishana (3-31) and Ronit More (2-52) ran through the Chhattisgarh top order, and they were struggling at 3-68. Then spinner Shreyas Gopal (3-53) spun his web around Chhattisgarh batsmen, as their chase never really took off. For Chhattisgarh, Amandeep Khare fought a lone battle with 43 out of 62 balls. Amandeep was the last man to be dismissed, as Chhattisgarh’s innings folded up at 206. Meanwhile, in the other Elite Group A match, Saurashtra thrashed Andhra by a whopping 153 runs, in which Samarth Vyas and Jaydev Unadkat shone with the bat and ball, respectively. In another match, Jharkhand pipped Kerala by five runs to grab four points in 36-over game that went down to the wire. Brief Scores: Karnataka 285/7 (Manish Pandey 142 not out, K L Rahul 81; Pankaj Rao 2-60) beat Chhattisgarh 206 all out (Amandeep Khare 43, Shashank Chandrakar 42; M Prasidh Krishna 3-31) by 79 runs. Karnataka four points, Chhattisgarh 0 points. Saurashtra 298/3 (Samarth Vyas 124 not out, V Jadeja 82; Manish Golamaru 1-40) beat Andhra 145 all out (Karan Shinde 52, Shoaib Khan 35; Jaydev Unadkat 3-18). Saurashtra four points, Andhra 0 points. Jharkhand 258/5 in 36 overs (Kumar Deobrat 54, Saurabh Tiwari 49; Sandeep Warrior 3-33) beat Kerala 253 all out (Sachin Baby 60, Vishnu Vinod 56; Anukul Roy 4-31, Utkarsh Singh 4-38) by five runs. Jharkhand four points, Kerala 0 points.last_img read more

New Delhi Former India skipper Kapil Dev has resi

ucpxsaxg

first_imgNew Delhi: Former India skipper Kapil Dev has resigned from his post as the head of the three-member ad-hoc Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC). Sources in the know of developments said that Kapil has resigned from the position. “Yes, he has sent his resignation from the position of CAC chief.” “There should have ideally been an official announcement from the Committee of Administrators (CoA) that the committee is disbanded since Vinod Rai has been vocal about the fact that it was an appointment done only for the selection of the head coach of the Indian team. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: Rijiju”Maybe in that case, the embarrassment that the legends are facing the conflict notice could have been avoided,” the source added. The former Indian captain’s decision to resign from the CAC comes after the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Ethics Officer D.K. Jain sent a notice to the panel comprising of Kapil, Anshuman Gaekwad and Shantha Rangaswamy with regards to allegations of conflict of interest as claimed by MPCA life member Sanjeev Gupta. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersRangaswamy had resigned the day after she was served with the notice to explain her stand on holding multiple positions in the board in violation of the BCCI constitution. The former India cricketer had said that people complaining is fine, but if the Ethics Officer picks up every complaint then it creates a difficult scenario and getting former cricketers to come into administration will be difficult. “I gave my resignation from the CAC, as also the directorship of the players association. Last night, I mailed it to the concerned authorities. Now, I can understand individuals complaining. But if the Ethics Officer acts on that then it is not worth continuing. And I think one of the pressing demands for the new BCCI committee will be to provide clarity on this conflict of interest clause and from where are they looking to get eligible cricketers in key committees,” she rued. The legal team of the BCCI under the CoA had given the trio a green light to be a part of the CAC and it appointed the new head coach of the Indian team.last_img read more