The whereabouts of the world’s oldest woman, 117-year-old Violet Moss Browne, remains a mystery after she was reportedly moved from her home by relatives as a family feud boils over her care and treatment.According to relatives who care for Browne at her Duanvale, Trelawny home, she was supposed to be taken to hospital for a medical appointment on Saturday but has not been seen since.Relative refused to bring her back homeChristo Davis, Moss Brown’s grandson, told the Jamaica Gleaner that a woman he identified as Karen Samuel took the matriarch last weekend but has refused to return her to her home.“Karen Samuels told me she was instructed by Barry Russell (Moss Brown’s son) to take her to the hospital to get her hydrated,” he said. “She (Samuels) did not take her back, and we, who have been here with her all these years, have no idea where she is now.”Samuels subsequently confirmed that she was instructed by Russell to remove Brown from her home and not to reveal her whereabouts to anyone.Not pleased with treatmentRussell, who lives in Miami, later told the newspaper that he was not pleased with the treatment his mother was receiving at home and he accused her grandchildren, with whom she lived, of being greedy and uncaring.She is alive and well“I made the decision to move my mother because her greedy grandchildren were not taking good care of her,” said Russell. “I am not going to reveal her whereabouts to them . . . . She is alive and well.”However, granddaughter Lelieth Palmer, the daughter of Moss Brown’s son, Harland Fairweather, who was the world’s oldest person with a living parent prior to his death earlier this year, told the Jamaica Gleaner that since her father died, there had been a family dispute as to who should care for Moss Brown.“She was removed because of this dispute,” Palmer said.The decision to remove Moss Brown from her Duanvale home has also not gone down well with other members of the community and her church family, who view her as a community icon.The Jamaican supercentenarian, shot to fame earlier this year after her status as the world’s oldest person came to light. She has since received many courtesy calls including from the country’s Governor General, Patrick Allen, Prime Minister Andrew Holness and Opposition Leader peter Phillips.She is also due to be visited by representatives of the Guinness Book of World Records.
Tropical House Cruises to Jamaica music compilation is now #1Tropical House Cruises to Jamaica has now taken the number one spot on the Billboard Reggae Charts this week, sending Hollie Cook and Vessel of Love plummeting to number 4. The album includes performances from a number of top artists, including Ed Sheeran, Sean Paul and Damian and Stephen Marley. The 15-track album, digitally released by Contractor Music Group, based in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and was distributed by Atlanta-based Amada Records under the EAE Management Group.In the number two spot for another week is Damian Marley’s ‘Stoney Hill’ while taking the number three spot this week, up from five last week, is ‘Marching Orders’ by The Green.Watch out for Sikka RymesIs Sikka Rymes the next dancehall singer to watch? If you trust incarcerated deejay Vybz Kartel’s judgment, then he is. Rymes was labeled as one to watch on a Kartel Instagram post last week. In an interview with The STAR, Rymes says he has been ready to take the music industry by storm for quite some time, but expressed that after the endorsement from the ‘Worl’ Boss’ himself, he will be kicking things up a notch. “My style as an artiste is different and that’s why the Teacha say wah him say. I’m coming to bring a new thing to dancehall, a new flavor from a new face,” he was quoted as saying. Sikka Rymes is the cousin of former Gaza member Shawn Storm, who was introduced to Kartel while he was still attending school in Portmore. His songs include “Love Di People” and “Dollaz.”
The Homeless Coalition of Palm Beach County, in partnership with several Palm Beach County service organizations, invites members of the community who are homeless or in crisis to attend Project Homeless Connect from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, June 14, at the Bethel Assembly of God, 4320 S. Congress Ave., in Palm Springs.Project Homeless Connect is a communitywide, collaborative event that brings together supportive programs, services and counseling, all under one roof. It is held in different areas of Palm Beach County throughout the year to make it easy for people to attend, gather resources, and move toward stability. The Greenacres/Palm Springs/Lake Worth area of the county identified over 185 adult individuals experiencing homelessness in the January 2018 Point-in-Time Count.“We aim to bring services and resources to our homeless neighbors,” said Michelle Howell-Phillips, Project Homeless Connect program coordinator. “This event brings dozens of agencies together with food, clothing, hot showers, and health screenings in one place.” Doors open at 9 a.m. Those who attend will have a chance to visit with various agencies, explore resources and interactive displays, pick out clothes at a pop-up clothing rack, and get a haircut. Helpful professionals from host provider agencies will be on site throughout the day to share news about programs and resources in place to help the homeless and support those at-risk. Call for Volunteers and DonationsVolunteers are needed for various shifts to load, set up and breakdown the event on Thursday, June 14. We are in need of toiletry items and a hot lunch for attendees. To volunteer or make a donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expo Center at South Florida Fairgrounds PALM BEACH COUNTY – Palm Beach County is in the process of implementing a plan to stage a field hospital at the South Florida Fairgrounds.Palm Beach County has multiple plans for multiple hazards and is always refining and testing these plans. With the assistance of the state, this hospital will be setup in case there is a significant surge in hospitalizations due to COVID-19.Emergency Management Director Bill Johnson explains the rationale behind the planning: “Palm Beach County has to take into consideration many possible scenarios in response to emergencies. Some of these responses require days of planning and setup and this requires us to implement a plan even before it is apparent that there is a need. This is a normal occurrence in emergency management and does not guarantee these worst-case scenarios will come to pass.”During his press conference in Miami, Governor Ron DeSantis stressed that there are at least five field hospitals being planned around the state, but at this time there is no need for these hospitals.The state as a whole has nearly forty-two percent available capacity in Florida hospitals and Palm Beach County currently has over forty-six percent of hospital beds available.Once the decision is made to open the field hospital, it will be made public through the media. This hospital will not be accessible to the public and will be used to take the pressure off of local hospitals that have a surge of incoming patients due to COVID-19.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has revealed that he wants the NBC (National Broadcasting Commission) codes ammended as part of government’s plan to support the Nigerian League.Mr. Lai Mohammed made this known while speaking with reporters. In his words, he said: “We want to ensure that NBC codes are ammended in the manner that if any company to be invest $1 million in promoting or supporting any team outside the Nigeria.”“The broadcasting codes would not allow that program to be aired unless that company also support the Nigerian League to a percentage to be determined about 30% because we cannot continue to develop the economy of other parts of the world with the sweat of Nigerians at the expense of the Nigerian economy.” he concluded.Video Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/VID-20170719-WA0010.mp400:0000:0000:53Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Related
Hungary have appointed Belgian manager George Leekens as their new manager on a two-year deal.Highly experienced Leekens replaces Bernd Stock, who left the post immediately after he failed to lead the team to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.Hungary failed to qualify for Russia 2018 as they lost out to European champions Portugal (automatic World Cup place) and Switzerland (playoff place) in Group B of the European qualifiers.All attention will now shift to the qualification series for the 2020 European Championship as Hungary bid to make it a second successive appearance at the tournament after they featured in the 2016 in France.Related2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Wrap (Europe): Former Winners On The BrinkOctober 8, 2017In “Europe”Fernando Hierro Named Spanish Manager For Russia 2018 World CupJune 13, 2018In “Europe”2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Wrap (UEFA): France, Portugal Qualify; Netherlands Eliminated Despite WinOctober 11, 2017In “FIFA”
After a record breaking Summer transfer window, bookmakers are prepared for the busiest transfer deadline day in recent memory. With the futures of Alexis Sanchez, Philippe Coutinho and a whole host of world class players all in a state of uncertainty, fans and pundits alike will be glued to the transfer window betting markets right up until tonight’s deadline. Sanchez is currently 1/2 to end up at Eastlands and 7/5 to stay at the Emirates, as for Coutinho bookies have been kept guessing, with the Brazilian priced up at 4/5 to remain a Liverpool player and 10/11 to sign for Barcelona. Ladbrokes’ Jessica Bridges told SBC: “Transfer Deadline Day can often be hit and miss, but the bets flying in at present suggests this summer’s finale is going to be a corker. Transfer markets are the ultimate sort of wager where punters can put their opinion on the line – whether that’s with their heart or their head – rather than backing an odds-on poke for the sake of it in a Saturday acca. “Fans of all football clubs have opinions, generally strong ones, about the sorts of players that clubs should or shouldn’t sign. So if you’re able to place a bet and make some money out of it in the process then even better as far as punters are concerned.”The drama and inevitabilities of deadline day began early, with Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain keeping everyone on their toes by rejecting the approach from Chelsea and opting to move to Liverpool. Bridges revealed: “He was 1/10 yesterday to move to the Blues, so fair play to all those who were on Liverpool at the 11/2 available on Tuesday.” GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles David Lampitt, Sportradar: F1 presents betting’s most sizeable opportunity August 14, 2020 Share Submit Share FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020
Share Related Articles SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Share UK racing remains hopeful for crowd pilot events August 14, 2020 StumbleUpon UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020 UK bookmaker William Hill has secured an agreement with the Arena Racing Company (ARC) and Doncaster Racecourse, to strengthen its sponsorship arrangements with the Yorkshire track.William Hill’s involvement marks an extension of their connection with Doncaster, with the firm announced as sponsors of the two day Grimthorpe Chase meeting, which is set to take place on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 March.By including the fourteen jump races spread across the two days in its portfolio, William Hill have added to their title sponsorship of the flagship William Hill St Leger Festival in September.David Leyden Dunbar, ARC’s Group Director of Partnerships, commented: “We are delighted to further develop the partnership between ARC, Doncaster Racecourse and William Hill with this new sponsorship.“Both the William Hill and Doncaster Racecourse teams worked together to deliver a memorable first year of The William Hill St Leger Festival in September and this will offer a further opportunity to grow that relationship.”William Hill’s Liam McKee added: “We were really impressed with ARC and Doncaster during our first year as sponsors of the Leger and we’re delighted to extend our partnership with the new William Hill Grimthorpe sponsorship.”The news comes a day after the William Hill Group (WHG) were handed a £6.2m penalty package, relating to a number of social responsibility and money laundering failures.As a result of a near two year Gambling Commission (UKGC) investigation, it was found WHG benefited by ten customers depositing £1.2m which has links to criminal offences.It was detailed the firm are to pay £5m for regulation breaches, in addition to a divestment of the £1.2m earned from the transactions. Submit
Swedish leadership hits back at Shekarabi’s ‘torpedo orders’ May 1, 2020 StumbleUpon Swedish CEOs challenge ‘unrealistic demands’ against threat of igaming becoming obsolete June 8, 2020 Swedish leaders warn Minister Shekarabi of channelisation consequences May 6, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share Share The governance of Stockholm-listed industry games developer NetEnt AB, has this morning confirmed the promotion of Therese Hillman as new Group Chief Executive Officer.Since March 2018, Hillman has served as ‘acting CEO’ of NetEnt’s group enterprise, following the departure of former incumbent Per Eriksson.A leadership executive in sports, media and finance, Hillman has formerly served NetEnt AB as Group CFO since January 2017.The appointment of Therese Hillman as new corporate leader, was confirmed by NetEnt’s Chairman of the Board Fredrik Erbing, who last April was appointed as new governance lead for the Stockholm enterprise.“We are pleased to appoint Therese Hillman as new Group CEO. Therese has a clear business focus and is an appreciated leader with great energy. NetEnt is pioneering the online gaming industry and is taking the next step to be at the forefront of business focus and innovation. With Therese’s abilities, we get the right person to lead the company in the next growth phase” Erbing commented on the appointment.Following years of consecutive growth, Hillman takes leadership of NetEnt’s as the company has ‘lagged behind market expectations’ in 2017, faced with tougher regulatory conditions and extensive games saturation within its client portfolios.Taking on full NetEnt AB leadership duties Hillman commented: It is with great enthusiasm, but also humility, that I am taking on the role as Group CEO of NetEnt. I look forward to driving the development of the industry together with our customers and employees and to deliver the best player experiences. This is how we can continue to create value for our customers, shareholders, players and employees”
Share StumbleUpon Submit Lotteritilsynet raises NOK 30m for Norway’s distressed non-profits August 6, 2020 Related Articles Norway’s Ministry of Culture seeks to end gambling’s triple guardianship June 30, 2020 Share Norsk charities launch study on ‘sensitive area’ of market models May 11, 2020 Norwegian gambling regulator Lotteri- og Stiftelsestilsynet has reappointed Gunn Merete Paulsen as its Director General, as pressure increases on the government to further restrict remote online gambling services.Paulsen retakes leadership of the regulator, replacing former incumbent Atle Hamar who has been repositioned as Norway’s Environment Secretary. A former PWC executive, Paulsen had served as Deputy Director General of Lotteri- og stiftelsestilsynet from 2011-2015.At present, Norwegian gambling policy is facing an extensive shake-up demanded by a coalition of political parties which has secured a mandate to implement severe restrictions on foreign online gambling services targeting national consumers.Last April, the joint online gambling mandate developed by the coalition of Norway’s Labour, Christian Peoples, Socialist Left and Centrist Parties’ was approved by Storting (Norway’s legislative assembly).Critical of the government’s stance on unlicensed remote gambling operators being able to service Norwegian consumers, the coalition has put forward severe restrictions on banking transactions, advertising services, stiffer penalties and IP blocks.The supporting parties have detailed that the provisions aim to tighten Norway’s gambling framework, whilst further supporting state-owned gambling operator Norsk Tipping’s charitable contributions.Furthermore, management of Norway’s Sovereign Wealth Fund has been criticised for investing in foreign online gambling operators, a move deemed to have undermined Norsk Tipping’s position as a state-owned charitable enterprise.This Tuesday Norway’s parliament referred its pending industry changes to the European Commission, seeking approval to implement the restrictions on European licensed operators.As a member of the European Economic Area (EEA), Norway will have to adhere to European Union legislation on digital services.However, in December 2017 the European Union announced that it would no longer allow its legal courts to adjudicate online gambling disputes within member states.Following the EC’s pending review, Norwegian policy stakeholders believe that the new restrictions will be implemented by January 2019.