Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) MGN ImageMAYVILLE – Chautauqua County officials reported nine new cases of COVID-19 Wednesday afternoon.Officials say the cases involved a person under the age of 18, a female young adult, a male in his 20s, two males and two females in their 40s, and a male and female in their 60s. There remains 39 active cases.Governor Andrew Cuomo held a teleconference with reporters this morning. Although the COVID-19 infection rate in New York State remains low overall, he says his staff is watching the Western New York region following a recent uptick in cases.“We still have a caution flag for Western New York, which is at 1.4 per cent today,” Cuomo said. “It’s better than it was, but it’s not where it should be. So we’re focused on Western New York, and we’ll continue to do that.” 159 cases remain under quarantine/isolation orders by the Public Health Director and being monitored. Not all of those being monitored are confirmed to have COVID-19 but have either shown symptoms, are awaiting results, or have risk factors.475 persons under domestic traveler quarantine for having arrived to Chautauqua County from a state listed on the New York State travel advisory;Two people remain hospitalized* in Chautauqua County as of Monday.
View Comments Show Closed This production ended its run on June 28, 2015 Related Shows Dame Helen Mirren achieves the impossible night after night as she seamlessly hops decades as Queen Elizabeth II in The Audience on Broadway. The Tony and Oscar winner’s commanding presence can challenge Prime Ministers at the Schoenfeld Theatre or exude gratitude and poise at Radio City. Is there a subject that silvery voice can’t make delightful? John Oliver put it to the test on HBO’s Last Week Tonight on June 14, and has Mirren read excerpts from the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report on the CIA’s methods of torture (along with passages from The Tale of Peter Rabbit). Something tells us this won’t be the audio book Mirren wins that Grammy for, but it’s still worth a watch. The Audience
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Australian Financial Review:Woodside Petroleum has added weight to speculation it could have to reconsider huge LNG expansion projects off the coast of Western Australian after a collapse in world oil prices.Executive Vice President Development, Meg O’Neill, told The Australian Financial Review that Woodside was taking “a real hard look” at the implications for its business. Ms. O’Neill conceded the spot oil price was now well below the thresholds at which Woodside had stress-tested the $US11 billion ($16.92 billion) Scarborough and the longer-dated $US20.5 billion Browse LNG projects.Speaking on the sidelines of an oil and gas conference in Perth on Wednesday, she also distanced Woodside from making a final investment decision on Scarborough by mid-year. Woodside chief executive Peter Coleman indicated last month that the already delayed decision would be made around the middle of the year.Analysts have said they expect the project to be delayed in the wake of the oil price meltdown and also noted that Woodside would find it much harder to progress a planned sell-down of its stake in Scarborough.Ms. O’Neill said Woodside had looked at Scarborough and Browse over a range of price scenarios and felt the projects were robust over the long term. “That said, what we have seen in the last couple of days is unprecedented,” she said. “And so, we are taking a real hard look at what are the implications for our business.Woodside has tested several different oil price scenarios for Scarborough and Browse, including $US50 a barrel, and its planning assumption is $US65/bbl, with most LNG sold under contracts indexed to oil. The spot oil price has plunged and was sitting at $US37/bbl on Wednesday amid growing concerns about coronavirus driving down demand and oversupply from warring oil producers Russia and Saudi Arabia.[Brad Thompson]More: Woodside’s ‘hard look’ casts more doubt on LNG projects Oil price crash pushing Woodside Petroleum to review two planned Australian LNG projects
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Politico:Morgan Stanley will become the first major U.S. bank to publicly disclose the how much its loans and investments contribute to climate change, the latest sign that Wall Street giants are beginning to reckon with their role in heating the planet.The move comes as financial regulators in many countries are considering whether to require greater disclosure from companies about the risks they face from climate change — and as a growing number of shareholders and investors worry about their exposure to fossil fuels that could suffer from future government policies to rein in greenhouse gas emissions.“This is a journey, and I think that this is an incredibly important piece of it, because as we all know it’s harder to make people respond to something when there’s no data, it’s hard to have data when you don’t have measurement,” Audrey Choi, chief sustainability officer for Morgan Stanley and CEO of its Institute for Sustainable Investing, told POLITICO. “This is an important step towards getting more clarity.”The bank is joining the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials, a global body with 66 financial company members managing $5.3 trillion of assets, that will count the greenhouse gas emissions from projects and investments that are financed by asset managers, banks and other institutions. Morgan Stanley will sit on the group’s steering committee to help deliver a final methodology for financial institutions to follow this fall.Since 2016, 35 banks have poured $2.7 trillion into fossil fuel projects, according to environmental group Rainforest Action Network — and Morgan Stanley has accounted for nearly $92 billion of that total. Morgan Stanley declined to provide POLITICO details on the number of fossil fuel projects and assets are on its books.Morgan Stanley hopes its effort to tally the greenhouse gas emissions from its investments will help it to develop new sustainable investing products for investors, said Matt Slovik, who heads the bank’s global sustainable finance team, noting the company has committed to financing $250 billion of low-carbon solutions by 2030. But he declined to say whether the bank would use the information to perform stress tests of how its portfolio would fare under varying climate scenarios.[Zack Colman]More: Morgan Stanley commits to tallying its climate impact Morgan Stanley commits to tracking climate impact of its lending activities
Garena Indonesia, a unit of Singapore-based internet and mobile provider Garena, has praised Indonesia for its growing role and reputation in e-sports. The firm said the country was ready to take the next step and organize bigger e-sport events.Garena Indonesia director Hans Kurniadi Saleh Indonesia’s said rapid growth of e-sports had enabled the country to host the Free Fire Champions Cup 2020 (named after the Free Fire online strategy game) slated to be held on April 19. The championship would offer winners cash prizes totaling Rp 8.18 billion.“Only countries with great e-sport growth rates can host the Free Fire world championship. Indonesia had to go through a tight bidding process to gain this opportunity. This will hugely contribute to the country’s bid to develop its digital economy,” he told a press conference on Tuesday. Twelve selected e-sport teams from Asia, America, Europe and Africa are to attend the championship.So far, only Thailand has hosted the Free Fire championship in the region, namely the 2019 Free Fire Championship held in Bangkok, which Indonesia’s team EVOS won.Youth and Sports Ministry secretary Gatot S. Dewobroto, who attended the Tuesday’s press conference, expects the upcoming event to lure not only more players to seriously train and compete in this relatively new sports but also to inspire local developers to produce high-quality online games.“The government has thrown its full support behind the development of this sport in the hope that it will attract more players and thus grow the local online game industry,” he said.Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Wishnutama Kusubandio said he expected the event to also lure tourists to the country, who would show an interest not only in the tournament but also in other tourist attractions.“A good and memorable event would leave a good [impression] on visitors and would likely make them want to come back for more visits,” Wishnutama said.Topics :
The Batesville Freshman defeated the Indian Creek Braves Monday night 42-35.Gunner Olsen paced the Bulldog offense with 18 points. Peyton Meyer added 14 in the winning effort. Other scorers for Batesville included Zach Britton (6), Zach Prickel (2), and Alex Roell (2).“It was a tale of two halves for us tonight. We came out flat on both ends of the floor and found ourselves down big early. We were fortunate enough to chip away at their lead in the 3rd quarter before going into the 4th within striking distance.” Batesville Coach ben Siefert.After trailing by 6 heading into the final period, Batesville held the Braves to just 2 points, both on free throws, in the 4th quarter. The Bulldog defense allowed just four field goals in the second half.“The defense stepped up. That second half is exactly how we want to play on that end. Limit them to tough shots, closeout possessions with a rebound, and go down on offense and score. That was an effort to be proud of in the second half. Our kids really answered the bell.” Batesville Coach Ben Siefert.With the win, the Bulldogs move to 3-1 on the season. They will be in action again Thursday night, when they travel to East Central for an EIAC Conference matchup. Game time is scheduled for 7:30pm following that evening’s girl’s game.Submitted by Batesville Coach Ben Siefert.
The St. Louis Cardinals 5th grade boys basketball finished their season with an impressive 8 and 5 record and champion of the annual St. Louis tournament.Each player scored and made significant contributions to the success of this team throughout the season. St. Louis is blessed to have a talented 5th grade basketball team that should achieve much success in the years to come and more importantly we are blessed with terrific young men who represented St. Louis with much pride and terrific sportsmanship.The team would like to thank everyone for their support throughout the season!Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Ryan Schebler.The Saint Louis 6th grade boys basketball team wrapped up a very good season with a win at Greendale Middle School Wednesday evening 31-11.A simple man-to-man but tenacious defense by the Cardinals along with good unselfish passing and ball handling secured the win against an always good Lawrenceburg team. Thomas Raver was the scoring leader followed by Abe Streator, Cody Mohr, Luke Wilson, Kyle Salatin and Hunter Laudick. The combined quickness of Cayden Pohlman, Luke Wilson and Hunter Laudick played havoc on the home team ball handlers and created turnovers the Cardinals were able to convert into points early in the game. Raver’s dominant presence on both sides of the court kept the Lawrenceburg team from mounting a consistent defense and from stringing together many scoring runs. Cody Mohr brought everything to the game in the form of blocks,steals, rebounds, points and assists.We never ran a single formal play on offense or defense. We have been working on fundamental basketball since last summer and the hard work and dedication paid off.The boys learned a lot this year and deserve all the credit for a great 13-4 season.Courtesy of Cardinals Coach Jim Mohr.
Real Madrid officials have labeled Gareth Bale’s Euro 2020 qualification celebrations as ‘a joke in very bad taste’ after the Welshman held aloft a flag which ranked the Spanish club as less important than Wales and golf.Bale overcame recent injury issues to help his nation secure a 2-0 victory over Hungary on Tuesday evening, and he and his teammates were pictured with a banner that read ‘Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order,’ referring to comments made regarding the 30-year-old’s priorities.Former Madrid star Predrag Mijatovic recently raised concerns over Bale’s lack of commitment to los Merengues, and his words were the catalyst for a new chant amongst Wales fans, which in turn inspired the controversial banner. The ex-Tottenham Hotspur star’s actions made the front page of Spanish newspapers, and a source within Madrid described the banner as a ‘joke in very bad taste’ and it has sparked ‘anger, but also indifference’ from club officials, as reported by ESPN .Sources suggest that some of Bale’s teammates found the banner amusing, but they are worried about the fans’ reaction upon his return from international duty.There has been a lot of friction between Madrid supporters and the Welshman in recent years, and Tuesday’s actions will only put more strain on their already fractured relationship.Bale has not featured for his club since October, but he managed to put in key performances in both international fixtures for his country during the break.Los Blancos’ coach Zinedine Zidane was very open in his desire to sell the ex-Southampton man over the summer, but a move never materialised and Bale worked his way back into los Merengues’ side.Bale recently admitted that he prefers playing for his country rather than the Spanish giants, and his passion shone through on Tuesday evening, as the forward assisted the opening goal to take Wales to Euro 2020.The Dragons went into their crunch match with Hungary knowing that they had to win to qualify for the summer tournament, and a brace from ex-Arsenal man Aaron Ramsey carried Ryan Giggs’ men to a deserved victory.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Gareth Bale (centre) and his teammates celebrating Wales’ qualification for Euro 2020 on Tuesday night
Tags: boys soccerCazenoviaChittenango And even with heavy graduation losses, the Warriors remain the standard, as it demonstrated to the Lakers by controlling long stretches of the game and patiently waiting to convert its many opportunities.Most of all, Westhill didn’t get rattled when, less than a minute after Rusden Bryant scored to give the Warriors a 1-0 edge, Spires took the ball at midfield, tore through several defenders and then fired a hard shot from the right that Westhill goalie Ian Prebish had no chance to stop.Right before halftime, Westhill took the lead for good when Andrew Centore fired home a shot fed from the left by Bo BenYehuda. Then the margin doubled in the second half thanks to Bryant, whose header off a BenYehuda corner kick just trickled across the goal line. Joe Spires delivered some spectacular moments for the Cazenovia boys soccer team in last Tuesday night’s match against Westhill at the Sean Googin Sports Complex.Whether it was a long-run and blazing shot that found the net in the first half, or a 60-plus-yard goal that was disallowed in the last two minutes of regulation, these features helped ease the pain of a 3-1 defeat to the Warriors.Each of the last three years, Cazenovia has made the Section III Class B final, and each time Westhill has denied them that long-elusive sectional title, going on to win the state championship in 2018. With 1:25 left, Cazenovia was awarded a free kick in its own end. Spires took it and delivered a long shot that rode the wind and flew past Prebish –but a Lakers foul inside the box negated the goal.Cazenovia had another setback in Friday’s 3-2 overtime defeat to Geneva. In conditions even windier than the Westhill game, Spires scored twice in the first half to put his team in front, but Geneva rallied in the second half and then got the OT game-winner.Just like Cazenovia, Chittenango had blazed to a quick start this season – and it would even mirror the Lakers in defeat, too, falling to Christian Brothers Academy last Tuesday night at Alibrandi Stadium by a familiar 3-1 margin.A sectional Class A finalist last fall, CBA jumped on the Bears in the first half, seeing Will Raines deliver a pair of goals and Bentito Vlassis score, too.Even though Tom McIntosh scored off a feed from Anthony Roberts to put Chittenango on the board, it did not prove enough, though goalkeeper Jake Simmons did finish with 14 saves.On Saturday, the Bears faced Vernon-Verona-Sherrill and pulled out a 1-0 decision over the Red Devils, breaking through when McIntosh scored in the second half off a feed from Mikel Pascual. VVS goalie Manuel Lavesa-Cesana made 16 saves.Cazenovia would try and recover from its pair of defeats at home when it faced Homer on Tuesday and then welcomes Jordan-Elbridge on Friday as part of Homecoming activities. Chittenango would meet J-E on Tuesday and then travel to Marcellus on Friday night.Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story